Big Data Analytics Improves Sales Performance for a Leading CPG Manufacturer
Organizations in the CPG industry devote considerable time managing sales forces and still cover only 60% of the target region. It has left retailers frustrated and made it increasingly difficult to balance demand with inbound shipments due to the seasonality of the products. Competitive pressures are driving CPG companies to improve their network coverage strategy […]READ MORE >>
Organizations in the CPG industry devote considerable time managing sales forces and still cover only 60% of the target region. It has left retailers frustrated and made it increasingly difficult to balance demand with inbound shipments due to the seasonality of the products. Competitive pressures are driving CPG companies to improve their network coverage strategy to ensure maximum reach and acceptance at minimum possible cost. A better approach would be to analyze relevant data and build territories to estimate the potential of the sales force. Sales territories are often misaligned with a change in company strategies; this is where organizations can use data analytics as a tool to identify weakness and set expectations. With multiple sales channels, big data analytics can help retailers make informed business decisions. Also, companies can ensure that their sales forces are well positioned to succeed by using data effectively to design sales territories.
The Business Challenge
A leading CPG manufacturer was facing stiff competition in the market and wanted to improve their network coverage strategy to ensure maximum reach and acceptance at minimum possible cost. Based on the ‘AS-IS’ strategy the sales personnel were covering only 60% of the targeted locations leading to a reduced pipeline. The client wanted to minimize time and cost of territory coverage and maximize sale force coverage to improve sales performance and long-term profitability.
Quantzig‘s team analyzed the information obtained from various sources such as sales person, states, locations, transport modes, associated costs, territory information, and network plans. The multi-source data was integrated to facilitate end-to-end visibility on each sales person’s journey right from origin to locations visited and back.
Want to learn more about our analytical methodologies?
Big Data Analytics Assessment Benefits
- 11% reduction in miles per sales person
- 17% reduction in transportation costs
- 50% increase in number of locations visited
- ~95% of the target locations covered on time
- 22% increase in conversions
Big Data Analytics Predictive Insights
- Proposed centralization of network optimization effort across all the divisions of the company. The proposed planning would uncover potential opportunities for territory optimization across all divisions and effectively apply best practices
- Proposed new number and location of cities to maximize territory potential and optimize transpiration costs
- Dashboard based solution for real-time updates and insights on operational metrics, sales person performance, target and achievement details and new prospects
Want to know more about big data analytics solutions?
- Sales Force Effectiveness Analytics for a Leading Medical Device Manufacturer
- Market Mix Models Improves Companies’ Profitability in the Food & Beverage Industry
- Merchandising Analytics Solutions for a Leading Retailer in the US