WP – Modernizing the Patient Journey
The client: A leading primary health care services provider, Size: >$50 billion in revenue, Area of engagement: Patient journey mapping
Primary health care (PHC) or essential health care is based on socially acceptable and scientifically sound methods and technologies that make universal health care accessible to individuals across economies. In the healthcare industry, primary health care service providers offer personalized and holistic care for patients of all age groups. It includes treating acute conditions such as respiratory tract infections, managing chronic diseases, and implementing preventing measures such as targeted health screening. However, the main goal of primary health care service providers across economies is the attainment of better health services for all. The World Healthcare Organization (WHO) has identified five key elements to achieving this goal:
- Increasing the participation of stakeholders
- Integrating healthcare across sectors
- Organizing health care services around the needs and expectation of people
- Reducing exclusion and social disparities in health
- Pursuing collaborative models
The Business Challenge
The client, a well-known primary health care services provider, approached our team of experts to help them improve their administrative services. The client was looking at gaining detailed insights into the patient’s experience to reveal new opportunities for innovation. Additionally, the primary health care provider wanted to create and leverage the use of patient journey maps. The client also wanted to anticipate the future healthcare industry trends and develop strategies to maximize customer retention.
Want to learn more how about our analytics solutions helped a leading player in the primary health care services industry?
The Solution and the Business Impact
The patient journey mapping solution offered by the experts at Quantzig helped the primary health care services provider to map the journey of their patients to identify gaps that may hinder the relationship. Our solution also enabled them to maximize customer retention strategies by identifying the potential customers. Moreover, the patient journey mapping solution offered insights that helped their administrative departments to better engage and communicate with patients.
Patient Journey Mapping Solution Predictive Insights
Understanding the way customers behave can be very valuable for primary health care service providers. In fact, firms in the healthcare industry are now focusing on extracting useful information from a customer’s journey to make better business decisions. Also, the inability of the administrative departments to communicate with patients results in huge losses for the primary health care firms. Using patient journey maps as a guide, primary health care service providers can implement processes that deliver timely and relevant data and fill gaps that cause leakage in the customer’s experience. Moreover, our patient journey mapping solution also helps to improve pre-clinical and post-clinical engagement, as well as other health initiatives.
Here are a few digital trends that are bringing about disruptions in the healthcare industry
- Smart technology and wearable devices: The emergence of smart technology in healthcare has brought about various innovations in wearable devices. Wearables use embedded smart sensors and can also store data that can be accessed when needed or transmit the results to the clinic in real-time. Moreover, such devices can also measure the temperature, perform ECG’s, and DIY blood tests.
- The emergence of big data: Big data is bringing about significant disruptions in every sector, and the healthcare industry is no exception. Gathering and analyzing patient data helps primary health care service providers in measuring customer satisfaction rates. The collected data can also be pooled and studied to predict healthcare trends for the entire country.
- Empowered customers: Patient empowerment is an entirely new trend in healthcare. It’s a new way to look at healthcare and one that holds promise for all of us with easy access to the digital landscape.
To succeed in this digital era, primary healthcare service providers must consider implementing strategies to serve the end-users based on their needs. This necessitates the need for creating and leveraging patient journey maps. Patient journey mapping can be highly influential when it comes to measuring the success of healthcare organizations. It also enables them to reach higher profit margins by prioritizing customer experience. Moreover, by creating and implementing patient journey mapping, primary healthcare providers can improve health outcomes, customer satisfaction, and the organization’s bottom line.