Customer Segmentation in the Healthcare Industry
The concept of customer segmentation is widely accepted across industries such as retail and telecommunications. However, it has recently gained momentum in the healthcare industry as it allows hospitals and healthcare service providers to facilitate patient engagement and enables personalization. An effective customer segmentation strategy offers in-depth patient insights to the organizations in the healthcare […]READ MORE >>
The concept of customer segmentation is widely accepted across industries such as retail and telecommunications. However, it has recently gained momentum in the healthcare industry as it allows hospitals and healthcare service providers to facilitate patient engagement and enables personalization. An effective customer segmentation strategy offers in-depth patient insights to the organizations in the healthcare industry. These insights help the players in the healthcare industry to understand their target market, their preferences, and address their needs to improve the community health as a whole significantly. The patients can be segmented in different ways such as risk level and insurance coverage status among other patient demographics. Slowly but steadily healthcare organizations will have to adopt customer segmentation strategies to deliver effective medical care.
Customer Segmentation and Healthcare Industry – Application
The healthcare organizations have access to large amounts of data from a variety of sources that can be leveraged to gain customer insights. But what are the benefits of customer segmentation in the healthcare industry, you ask? Here’s what.
- Customer segmentation strategy can be leveraged to increase patient engagement to facilitate health management practices across the globe. With valuable insights on customer preferences, attitude, and motivation, the healthcare industry can use this to determine the best way to engage and communicate with the potential customers and also improve medical care
- Develop apt, targeted, and marketing communication materials that coerce the individuals to respond. The healthcare industry can gain in-depth insights regarding consumer attitudes and behavior to communicate and focus on one message
- With the help of customer segmentation, the organizations can identify consumer segments, determine the providers, and develop their services accordingly to meet the consumer needs. Additionally, it helps the healthcare organizations to position their products and services in the market accurately
- Once the players in the healthcare industry are aware of the consumer needs and preferences and the gaps in the market, the customer insights can be used to design new services or facilitate new product development
Quantzig’s team of customer segmentation experts helped a global healthcare industry player to optimize their sales force and marketing activities to improve their overall ROI. Moreover, the customer segmentation study helped the client to identify growth opportunity, tap market potential, prioritize customers, and improve service quality to ensure long-term customer satisfaction. Read the complete case study.
“Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the web like a deer on a freeway,” said a leading data analytics expert from Quantzig.
For more than 14 years, we have assisted our clients across the globe with end-to-end data management and analytics services to leverage their data for prudent decision making. Our firm has worked with 120+ clients, including 55+ Fortune 500 companies. At Quantzig, we firmly believe that the capabilities to harness maximum insights from the influx of continuous information around us is what will drive any organization’s competitive readiness and success. Our objective is to bring together the best combination of analysts and consultants to complement our clients with a shared need to discover and build those capabilities, and drive continuous business excellence.
To know more about customer segmentation in healthcare industry
- Big Data Analytics Accelerates Growth in the Healthcare Industry
- Top Challenges to Overcome in the Financial Services Industry to Maximize Profits
- Top Five Uses of Data Analytics in Hospitals