The internet has become an inevitable force in our everyday lives. It is an ever-growing mesh of inter-connected networks that are used by people to produce and exchange large volumes of data. The increasing demand for higher bandwidth has put a growing strain on network operators by making the routes congested, leading to delay in operation and jitter. The network operators are now turning to techniques such as network optimization to meet customer data requirements without hindering their operations.
What is Network Optimization?
To have a better understanding of why there is an increasing preference for ‘network optimization’ among companies to improve performance, let us first understand what the term stands for. Network optimization refers to a set of techniques and technologies that are directed towards improving network performance. These techniques aim at effectively managing bandwidth utilization, minimizing delays, packet loss, and congestion in the network. The network optimizers use various network optimization tools to monitor and improve network performance metrics.
Contact us to know how your business can benefit by leveraging advanced network optimization solutions.
How is Network Optimization Beneficial?
Wonder how network operators benefit by investing in optimization tools? Here are a few advantages that they gain through network optimization:
- Helps to boost the revenues by providing a better web application experience for the customers
- Accelerates workforce productivity by reducing the application downtime
- Reduces the excess IT costs that have to be incurred for employing a support Desk to manage traffic and downtime
- A higher level of network visibility facilitates better and faster decision making
To know more about network optimization and its benefits, request a free demo.
Best Practices for Network Optimization
Making innovations in a network based on the changing consumer needs is a challenging task. Here are some of the techniques that would help companies to use network optimization tools more effectively:
- Invest in a content delivery network (CDN), which is one of the very effective optimization tools used to avoid congestion. This is useful especially in the case of e-commerce companies whose traffic flow is high
- Using wired devices will often give a better performance when compared to wi-fi devices and investing in a power-line adapter will help boost the speed
- Implementing a failover architecture will help to handle user traffic even if the network goes down due to congestion. This will help companies to avoid losing revenues in case of a network error due to congestion