Highlights of the Case Study:
|Client||A major copper and aluminum manufacturer based in India sought to expand its business across growing markets.|
|Business Challenge||The client wanted to identify the region where the expansion would be financially viable based on purchasing power, consumption patterns, and regulatory framework.|
|Impact||Quantzig’s research team used its advanced market research analytics solutions to collect and visualize the data and identified the region that showed maximum demand for food and beverage cans arising from resistance to plastic packaging.|
Game-Changing Solutions for Manufacturers
The manufacturing industry remains a stellar force in the economic development of any growing economy. Any geographical or market expansion in the manufacturing industry results in capital accumulation, which is one of the significant components of growth. However, maintaining this growth with changing international trade regulations, competitor landscape, and supply chains is challenging. It is crucial to redesign the expansion process by bringing advanced data analytics solutions to manage these challenges and create the foundation for collaboration between manufacturing, supply chains, human resources, and operations.
Quantzig’s advanced data analytics solutions assist in aggregating structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data from various sources to provide a holistic market view. The solutions help companies gain real-time insights into customer buying patterns and behavior. Moreover, our network optimization solutions enable the industry player to compare its supply chain network with multiple what-if scenarios to see if the changes would impact the supply chain.
The Challenges of the Manufacturing Client
A major copper and aluminum manufacturer based in India sought to expand its business across growing markets. The client struggled with the following issues while trying to find new markets for expansion.
- Market viability – the client wanted to know if the business would be financially stable.
- Size of the potential market – understand the demand for food and beverage cans sheets
- Market share – share of the beverage segment (as it is part of the aluminum packaging industry)
Our client wanted to identify the region where the expansion would be financially viable. The client partnered with Quantzig for data intelligence and customer data analytics solutions to identify the target region based on numerous parameters such as purchasing power, consumption patterns, and regulatory framework.
- Market viability – Will the business be financially stable? 100% 100%
- Market Sizing – What is the size of the potential market? 100% 100%
- Market share – How big is the market share? 100% 100%
Advanced Market Research Analytics Solutions for Manufacturing Operations
Quantzig’s research team used its advanced market research analytics solutions to collect and visualize data and identified the region that showed maximum demand for food and beverage cans. As consumers in this region began to seek sustainable alternatives to plastics, the demand for low-carbon aluminum cans was rising.
Our advanced forecasting techniques also determined the total investment in the can-making industry, which turned out to be four billion dollars in the US alone over recent years (2018 to 2021). Our analytic solutions identified the regions where consumers are replacing plastic with more sustainable options. Quantzig’s data visualization techniques gave insights by curating the region-wise import data of significant competitors, which also helped explain the regional supply-demand mismatch.
Impact Analysis of Quantzig’s Business Expansion Strategy
Quantzig’s combination of strategies, market research analytics, sales analytics, and data visualization solutions assisted our client in executing the following business decisions:
- The client chose North America as the region for expansion and setting up its new manufacturing unit
- It identified and invested a sum of three billion dollars in an aluminum (low-carbon) recycling plant in the US to cater to the rising demand in this region
- The client developed an interconnected and integrated supply chain throughout the region by setting up warehouses nearby, maintaining inventory as per demand, and collaborating with local partners.
After this successful expansion, the client extended its partnership with Quantzig to plan its expansion strategy in South America, MEA, and Europe.
Quantzig’s market research analytics solutions enabled the client to identify the area with potential for expansion of its operations. Our in-depth analysis and data visualization further enabled the client to understand the amount of capital required to set up a successful manufacturing unit in the region. The sales analytics solutions offered by Quantzig helped the client to develop an integrated supply chain in the region that would meet the needs of its business partners in this area.
A Broad Perspective on the role of Data Analytics Solutions in the Manufacturing Sector:
Data has inarguably become the most vital tool in almost every industry. The manufacturing industry is the second largest and fastest-growing industry after the oil and gas sector. It uses data and analytics to manage its current operations and plan its future investments and expansion strategies. Businesses can achieve higher turnovers and improve profit margins by adequately planning and systematically incorporating all the factors involved in the expansion process. Therefore, most players in the manufacturing industry rely on data analytics solutions to expand, strategize, and find variables that can positively impact business growth.
- The client identified the region for further expansion based on a thorough analysis of various variables.
- Our solutions helped the client to assess the amount of investment that will be required based on projected demand and growth potential in the region.
- Our market research analytics, sales analytics, and data visualization solutions helped the client to create an integrated supply chain within the region.
Request a Demo of this Case Study.