Highlights of the Customer Segmentation Case Study
|Client||A global retail industry chain|
|Challenge||Unclear competitor strategy and slowing growth|
|Solution||Developed value-based customer segments and set priority levels, developed specific actions to drive growth|
Benefits of Customer Segmentation
In the ever-changing competitive environment, retail industry players are looking to seek ways to drive traffic and gain traction in the competitive landscape. Customer segmentation allows retailers to pinpoint their marketing strategies and deepen customer loyalty. With the help of customer segmentation, marketers can customize their efforts based on the preference of their customers.
Customer segmentation models deal with gathering customer data and implementing relevant marketing strategies to retain each customer segment. To understand consumers’ behavior, retailers should leverage the use of customer segmentation with behavioral models to better target the right customers; thereby, delivering incremental sales, growing profitability, and reducing customer attrition.
Quantzig’s analytical solutions can help you better understand your customers. Wonder how? Get in touch today!
Quantzig’s customer segmentation strategies help retail industry players uncover the needs and attitudes of the customers. Also, the client can tailor the use of customer segmentation to further strengthen customer relationships and build profitable growth strategies. Quantzig’s customer segmentation strategies also help the retail industry client make informed business decisions and improve business performance.
The Business Challenge
A global and diversified retail industry chain was facing a predicament with their businesses and was witnessing a sign of slowing growth on the horizon. Moreover, the client wanted to understand the underlying competitors and assess the list of new entrants that were entering the market on a regular basis. To compound this complexity, the client sought ways to implement a two-step distribution system to influence the direct customers and the demanding end-users.
To develop a robust strategy for navigating this market, Quantzig’s customer experts conformed to a blended research approach comprising of secondary research and in-market interviews. Also, Quantzig’s customer segmentation experts conducted interviews with global and local customers, direct customers, and end-users. The experts also created a customer marketing mix comprising of specific groups and carried out various strategies in terms of merchandising strategy, own-brand strategy, and promotion strategy.
To know how you can benefit from sentiment analysis. Request for a FREE proposal today!
- Built a market map to characterize the economic activity at the project level, considering each consumers segment
- Carried out extensive interviews with global and local consumers, direct customers, and end-users
- Developed value-based segments to consider customer priorities in light of customers’ needs
- Prioritized each segment based on the current and future attractiveness
- Developed specific actions to drive growth
Begin your journey from data to insights today.
- A European Fashion Retailer Improved Campaign Effectiveness and Sales by 3X Using a Retail Customer Segmentation Strategy
- A US Retailer Identified Customer Pain Points & Reduced Customer Service Costs by 14% Using a Customer Journey Mapping Framework
- Customer Analytics Engagement Helps Decrease Customer Churn by 15% for a Leading Retailer
- Consumer Analytics – Online Retail’s Bread and Butter