What You’ll Find in this Case Study:
- About the Client
- Area of Engagement
- Industry Overview
- Pharma Patient Journey Business Challenge
- Pharma Patient Journey Solution Benefits and the Business Impact
- Patient Journey Analysis Predictive Insights
The client: A diabetes drugs manufacturer
Area of engagement: Patient journey analysis
In terms of disease type, the diabetes drug market has been segmented into type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, and impaired glucose tolerance and impaired fasting glycemia. The accelerated pace of obesity amongst urban dwellers, improving access to healthcare, and rising disposable income are all expected to boost the growth prospects of the diabetes drug market over the next few years. However, the supply market for diabetes drugs is highly fragmented with major players across the healthcare industry using various strategies such as new product launches, agreements, expansions, joint ventures, acquisitions, partnerships to increase their foothold in this market.
To gain relevant insights and understand the scope of our research, speak to an analytics expert.
Pharma Patient Journey Business Challenge
The client, a well-renowned diabetes drug manufacturer, headquartered in the US, wanted to gain a 360° understanding of the patient journey, specifically for those patients who are diagnosed with diabetes. The client wanted to understand the drug performance in the real world as compared to the ideal settings with the help of real-world data. They also wanted to validate the effectiveness of their clinical trials by understanding the ailment progression in patients under the influence of several therapies in the real-world scenario.
Wonder how patient journey analysis can help you enhance business outcomes? Request a FREE solution demo.
Pharma Patient Journey Solution Benefits and the Business Impact
Quantzig’s patient journey analysis solution helped the diabetes drugs manufacturer to gain insights into the drug’s performance in the real world when compared to the ideal settings. The solution also helped the client create a validation framework to understand the effectiveness of clinical trials against real-world data based on the insights and findings from the patient journey.
Patient Journey Analysis Predictive Insights
With the help of Quantzig’s patient journey analysis, firms in the healthcare industry can map the entire patient treatment path using data from hospital admission, patient demographics, laboratory test results, progress notes, pharmacy information, and discharge summaries.
To know more about how patient journey analysis helped the diabetes drugs manufacturer, request more information from us.
Although the market is rapidly growing, there are a few major issues and challenges facing diabetes drugs manufacturers. Some of the factors include:
- Innovations: The intense competition in the healthcare industry is increasing the need to stay relevant and keep pace with the latest developments for players. Moreover, developing diabetes drugs is an expensive and time-consuming affair and requires high investments.
- Regulatory concerns: Lately, firms in the healthcare industry have been compelled to comply with the regulatory guidelines set forth by governments across the globe. Additionally, with the fluctuating changes in regulatory requirements, it becomes necessary for diabetes drug manufacturers to stay relevant and keep-up-to-date with the regulatory changes and ensure that they meet all the mandates